Maintaining regular, accurate and up-to-date accounts is essential to financially manage your business and meet legal obligations. I will prepare your annual Statutory Accounts to meet Companies Act requirements and periodic Management Accounts to help you make informed business decisions. I will explain and interpret your Accounts focussing on sales, profit, cash and tax liabilities to enhance your understanding of the financial performance of your business.
· Prepare annual Accounts for Companies House filing
· Prepare detailed profit & loss accounts for management purposes
· Monthly or quarterly management accounts
· Actual results compared to budget and / or prior periods.
· Reporting key performance indicators of sales, profit and cash
I will support your bookkeeping requirements and can provide training for your staff, including management of sales and purchase ledgers, bank reconciliations and general ledger.
Corporation Tax Services
I provide high quality and cost effective Corporation tax services for companies. I will help minimise your tax liabilities and ensure your compliance with tax legislation.
· Corporation tax computations,
· Calculating tax liabilities and advising on payments
· Completing and filing company tax returns.
· Maximising tax allowances and tax reliefs.
· Dealing with HMRC enquiries on your behalf.
· Determining a tax effective structure for your business
Personal Tax Services
My professional advice enables you to conduct your affairs in a tax efficient way and ensures compliance requirements are met. As your tax agent I will:-
· Complete and file your tax return correctly and on time
· Calculate and advise your tax liability
· Advise you on tax payments and due dates.
· Maximise allowances and reliefs to minimise your tax liability.
· Deal with all HMRC correspondence
· Support you with any HMRC tax enquiries.
· Handle all aspects of Self Assessment
· Ensure your affairs are up-to-date and give you a clear picture of your tax position.
Following the recent introduction of “Making Tax Digital for VAT” as well as VAT’s scope and complexity, professional support is vital to ensure correct compliance. I can help you with:-
· VAT Registration- completing the application to register and advice
· VAT Returns - completion and filing, including training
· VAT Schemes – advice on what is suitable for your business
· Managing VAT inspections and any assessments or penalties issued
· Dealing with disputes that may arise with HMRC
I will perform your Company Secretarial duties for you, ensuring compliance with the Companies Act and Companies House requirements. My services include:
· Company formations and start-up procedures
· Confirmation Statement preparation and filing
· Companies House filing of accounts, statutory returns & forms
· Minutes and resolutions documentation
· Statutory books and registers maintenance
· Company Law and director’s responsibilities advice
· Registered office
· Share transfer form completion
· Share certificate preparation
· Company searches and name checks
Company Formation and Business Start Up
I will set up your company, complete registration with HM Revenue & Customs and Companies House and advise on your business start-up:-
· Limited company, sole trader or LLP
· Certificate of incorporation,
· Share Certificates
· Memorandum and Articles of Association
· Appointment of directors and company secretary
· Assistance with bank relationships and opening an account
· Assessing your finance requirements and available sources
· Corporation Tax, VAT and Companies House registration
· Payroll and PAYE scheme set-up
· Book-keeping and accounting system set-up advice
· Business plan preparation, budgets, cash flow and trading forecasts
With 20 years’ experience as a Finance Director, there are many areas where my skills and experience may be of benefit to your business. I can provide you with support and advice as and when required to help improve the financial position of your business:-
· Accounting systems implementation
· Business finance
· Business planning, budgets and forecasts
· Buying and selling a business
· Cash management
· Debtors and credit control
· Financial control design and implementation
· Finance function review
· Financial reporting and analysis
· Profitability improvement
· Stock management
· Tax planning
I can support your payroll for fewer than 10 employees including:-
· Setting up and maintaining new PAYE schemes
· Processing payroll in line with your requirements and Real Time Information reporting
· Employee payslips
· Producing and filing P11D expenses and benefits returns
· Producing P60 forms at the end of the tax year
· Producing P45 forms for leavers
· Dealing with enquiries from employees and HMRC
· Dealing with PAYE and National Insurance deductions